Your custom log kit is built using the floor plans that you and our drafting department have finalized. The logs are hand peeled, notched, and scribed. The kit is then built in our log yard.
Each log is numbered and the built kit is then taken down and loaded on semi trailers and delivered to your building site.
What is included in a log kit?
The log kit includes the exterior and interior log walls, log floor joists, and supporting roof logs. Windows and the roof are not included in the log kit.
The average cost of log kit packages is $40.00 per square foot. Shipping, building erection, and General Contracting services are separate additional costs.
The shipping cost is a separate charge from the actual kit price and depends on the size of the home (number of logs used), the number of semi trailer loads needed to get the log kit to your property, and the total mileage from our log yard to your building site.
The "set cost" is the charge to erect your log structure on your foundation.
- Erection of your Log Kit on your building site.
- Frontier Log Homes can send our skilled crew and a crane to your site and erect the log structure on your foundation. Your general contractor (GC) can then take over the finishing work for your log home.
~ Or ~
- If you prefer, Frontier Log Homes can send only a consulting supervisor to your building site. In this option, the labor and crane will be provided by the log home owner/general contractor (GC) and our supervisor will be on-site to provide instruction on proper log structure erection to your GC.
- Installation of Log Door and Window Bucks.
- You can hire the Frontier crew to install your log door and window bucks.
- Installation of Log Stairway.
- You can hire the Frontier crew to install your log stairway.
- Installation of Log Railing (around decks and stairway)
- You can hire the Frontier crew to install your log railing around decks and stairway.
Who do I hire to manage and complete my log kit project?
Frontier Log Homes offers General Contracting services limited to the western slope of Colorado. We can also help you select your own GC from a list of qualified Colorado GC's whom we have worked with in the past.
Outside of Colorado, we recommend that your chosen GC visit our location and meet with our staff so we can give instruction on procedure and proper log building technique. We strongly recommend that your GC consult with us on proper methods to ensure the best completion of your log kit project.
Peace of Mind:
Nationwide we offer consultation throughout your entire project to assure that your GC fully understands proper log kit completion technique and procedure.
If you have any questions about our Log Home Kits, plans, parts, supplies or want a quote for a custom log home kit price, delivery, set cost, or option - please don't hesitate to call us at 970-249-7130 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org