“Luxury” is a word that often scares away people who are on a budget with their home project. However, there are ways to create a sense of luxury while also keeping everything affordable!
Luxury Bathroom Choices
- Say no to freestanding tubs. These tubs are incredibly nice additions to any bathroom, but they cost a fortune. Sometimes, these tubs can cost thousands of dollars to buy and install! Luckily, there are far less expensive options for baths that fit your design style and provide a lot of comfort and space.
- Figure out the faucets. Faucets and fittings can get pricey, but by getting something with a chrome finish that still matches your design, you could save tens to hundreds of dollars. Plus, chrome is timeless and easy to clean.
- Get a nice sink. You can get almost any type of sink for just a couple hundred dollars! Just be sure to shop around with different providers to ensure you’re getting your perfect sink for as little as possible.
Save on Building
- Consider other options for built-ins. Because built-ins are built on-site, from scratch, and perfectly custom for your home, they can get really pricey really fast. Instead, try searching for modular furniture that fits your design style. Or, you could try finding units from a home construction retailer or home design retailer that you can attach to your walls to make the units seem built-in.
- Think about any handcrafted logs sources. Handcrafted logs look amazing, but they can get pricey. Luckily, when you work with the right company, these logs may come at a more affordable price! Also, by choosing smaller handcrafted and natural-looking logs as accents rather than structural forms, you can save quite a bit in your budget.
- Don’t go crazy with the fireplace. Choosing real masonry that extends to the ceiling of your beautiful, vaulted home is tempting. Yet when it comes down to cost, masonry can quickly add up to tens of thousands of dollars! Try using different materials like manufactured stone or veneer instead. The materials are cheaper, and so is the installation because they don’t require a stonemason.
- Find classy, inexpensive light fixtures. Shop around for nice light fixtures that fit into your budget, even when it comes to that classic deer antler chandelier! Normally, this type of chandelier could cost thousands of dollars due to the time, effort, and craftsmanship put into its creation. Instead, go for a faux antler fixture or a cast-antler fixture! These can come in several types of metals and colors, so you can have a lot more fun with it.